Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Post #100 Contest Results: 6 Different Winners!

Thank you to those of you who entered my Post #100 contest.  I'm thinking I will probably wait a while -- maybe until the offseason! -- for another contest.  For some reason, devising rules that I thought were fair for the contest was more stressful that coming up with more random material to write about.  I mean, it's relatively easy to come up with a theme for a trade post, I think, but trying to be fair is incredibly difficult.

So, I had two drawings.  The first drawing was for people who have commented on the blog before, have traded with me, and/or have followed this blog and who claimed their entry through commenting on post #100.  I ran that list of people through the Randomizer 5 times, and here were my results:
Congratulations to the first commenter on Post #100, Swing and a Popup!  Send me an e-mail with the item from the Treasure Chest that you want.

Next up was my music-loving pal Stealing Home from All Trade Bait, All The Time.  Your e-mail to me should have a list of two items in it so that you get one you want.

Finally, Keith G. of the new blog The Home Run Apple came in third.  Keith, please send me an e-mail with three items on it from the Treasure Chest so that you get one you want.

The second drawing had more entries thanks to the additional ways that people could earn chances to win.  I got randomization-happy and hit the randomizer button 25 times for this giveaway. Here's how that came out:


Our winners here:

Alex Markle from Chavez Ravining finished first, which is fourth really here, but you are a winner nonetheless.  So, please send me an e-mail with a list of four items from the Treasure Chest so that you will definitely get one.

Mark Hoyle is a new reader, and I'm glad to see that one of my two new folks finished "in the money," so to speak.  Mark has reached out to me already to discuss trading, so I'm hopeful that this will be the beginning of another great internet-based trading friendship -- sort of today's version of Bar Room Buddies.

Oh no, that's a cue for a musical interlude -- one featuring Clint Eastwood, of all people!


Welcome back.  Mark, please shoot me an e-mail with a list of 5 items from the Treasure Chest so that I can make sure you get one, and please also send me your address.

Finally, Gavin a/k/a defgav from the excellent Baseball Card Breakdown blog gets to choose an item from the Treasure Chest.  I'm pretty sure you can figure out what my instructions will be at this point, so, well, please do it!

Thank you to everyone who participated.  Special thanks go out to the new blog I am now reading that is run by Prowling Cat.  I hope you will e-mail me so that we can work out a trade as well.

Take care and thanks for reading.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome. Thanks. I will shoot you an email

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to respond to the email you sent me, but I wanted to thank you on your blog for the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the contest Tony. One of these years I'm going to win one of these. On a side note I have a growing stack of Brewers cards for our next trade.

    ReplyDelete