Saturday, April 26, 2014

Post #100: This is it, so let's get it out of the way

I've got all kinds of things that I want to post about at this point.  Yet, this will likely be one of my shortest posts.

It is post #100.

I know, it's such a minor milestone in the grand scheme of blogging.  You've got Fuji with his 1000th post, after all -- he's a full decimal place ahead of me -- and he's running a contest that far outpaces mine (and, let's be clear, his blog is far better than mine too!).

But, I see how contests get folks to various blogs and following.  So, a contest it is for blog post 100 -- which comes in just 10 weeks after post 1.

Here are the rules:

As I mentioned in my post teasing the contest, there are two groups of people up for prizes -- the "veterans" and the "new folks".

But, the more I thought about it, the more I decided that it's more fun and fairer to run two drawings.  The first drawing will be based solely on what you did before you ever knew there was a contest -- in other words, it's a retrospective contest based on the number of comments you have left, the fact that you are following this blog and/or the 1982 Topps Blog, and that you have traded with me.

EDIT:  To be clear, if you've commented before here or on the '82 blog, if you've followed this blog or the '82 blog, or you've traded with me (and I'll count in progress trades), you are eligible for the "Veteran" drawing.

To enter that drawing, you need to comment on this post before TUESDAY, APRIL 29, 2014 at 11:59 PM.

The bonus there is that the top three finishers will receive first crack at the treasure chest.

Okay, got that?

The second giveaway will be to get new followers but also possibly to reward folks who have been reading for a while.

It's really not different than other contests:  you get 1 entry by commenting below, 3 entries more for putting up a post on your blog about this contest (and putting the link in your comment), and then an additional 2 entries for referrals who mention you when they comment.  Also, if your referral starts following the blog, you'll get an additional 2 entries as well.

The top three finishers in that random generator will then get to select from the treasure chest.

Simple, right?

Please note -- you can claim your "old-timers" entries through your comment for the second contest.  Just say that you are doing that.

Remember, no purchase necessary, void where prohibited, see store for details, supplies are limited, comment now, etc.

Thanks again to all of you for reading, following, and trading.

What's that? What's the treasure chest?

Well, take a look at the trade bait tab.  It's been updated and is the treasure chest.  Each winner, in order, will get to select one item that is listed in that tab.

So get commenting!

14 comments:

  1. I'm first... and commented and traded...does that qualify me as an "old timer"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably fall somewhere in the middle but I've been commentating and trading for a while on your blog now. I claim my entry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and thanks for the contest! I think I'm an old-timer, have commented a few times, and we traded recently. I'm a shoo-in! I'll plug this on my blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the milestone and thanks for the contest. Not sure where I fall in, being I have commented a few times and we are in the process of making a trade. Plus I follow your other blog too. I claim my entry! Here is the link to my plug for your contest on my blog http://thehomerunapple.blogspot.com/2014/04/busy-busy-busy-day.html.
    I will try and get the cards out by the middle of this week being we have another tee ball game Monday and then we are off till the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...I don't know what this comment counts for at this point, but WTH, I'll toot my horn as well.
    Been following OFB for a few weeks, commented here and there, and we traded recently.
    TOOT TOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on 100. Don't know if I am considered an "old-timer", but I am pretty sure I comment periodically and we've traded before. Thanks for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Count me in. I couldn't tell you where to put me I'm so out of sorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone from here and up is definitely in the "old-timer" or veteran pool. And thanks to all of you guys for reading/trading/commenting.

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the 100th post. First ever comment as I followed a link through the Fuji to get here. I also threw you into my blogs reading list, and pimped your contest as well.

    http://theprowlcat.blogspot.com/2014/04/tell-em-cat-sent-ya.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just clicked over after reading Gavin's blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoot me an email. I know I Dan help you with your 71-75 brewer needs.
      Markhoyle913@yahoo.com

      Delete
  10. The Prowling Cat sent me! Congratulations on reaching 100!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol... just read your contest plug. I appreciate the help. As for having a better blog... that's just insane. I'd take 100 quality posts over 1000 cheesy posts any day of the week. Keep up the great blog!

      Delete