Thursday, March 6, 2014

Is there a Mat Latos collector in the House?

So, on eBay, Topps Vault has been selling off 1/1 blank back Turkey Reds.  I went after the three Brewers in the set -- got Segura, at least...Braun went for $74, so I'm guessing the whole PED thing isn't bothering people.

As the night's auctions were winding down, I noticed that Mat Latos's card didn't have any bids at $9.95.  I like Latos -- he's a good pitcher and all -- so I placed a speculative bid of $20 on him.  I felt assured that all of these cards would go for far more than that...

Latos went for $19.50.

So, once Topps sends it to me, I will be the owner of a Topps Vault First Edition card, Mat Latos 1/1 Serial #017998.



Anyone interested???

1 comment:

  1. Nice score! If I stumble upon a comparable Brewer hit you might like in the near future, I'll hit you up.

    ReplyDelete