Sunday, March 2, 2014

An eBay Grab and a Trade on The Cardboard Connection Forum

A couple of envelopes showed up in the past day or so here at Hiatus Central with some great additions to the Robin Yount collection from recent vintages.

First, I threw down a little bit of cash on eBay to get one of the 75 Robin Yount base set cards from the 2013 Topps Five Star set.  The card I got is numbered 65 of 75.  I like the card and I like the old-school MB logo for the Brewers.  The photo, though, looks like Yount just teed off on the golf course using a baseball bat.


The other three additions came courtesy of my first-ever trade brokered through The Cardboard Connection Forum with a nice guy from Pennsylvania with the username of weavahVBC.  The trade went as smoothly as I could have asked, and he sent me three very nice cards in return for a few of my "Cards Mom Threw Out" inserts from the 2010 Topps Set.

From the top, these are the 2013 Allen & Ginter, the 2011 60 Years of Topps 60YOT-25 Robin Yount Original Back (the 1976-looking card), and 2013 Topps Archive 114.  Of the three, I really like the 1985 redo from the Topps Archives set.  I've always liked that set's look, and the update with the cleaner printing process used these days is a nice touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment