Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My First Internet Trade

I couldn't wait to leave the office and get home today, because I was pretty sure I would have a ton of cards coming to me through the mail today.  I was absolutely correct.  I had three envelopes waiting on me.  What did I have?  Let's walk through them.

1.  Complete set of Jays Potato Chips MSA Set:  I wrote a week ago about the Jays Potato Chips set put out in the Chicago and Milwaukee area in 1986.  That post led me to scour eBay for those disks, and I got a complete set for a grand total of $5.50 including shipping.  They are in great shape, and I am very pleased with this purchase.

2.  A 1990 Robin Yount Collect-A-Book:  An oddball item for my Robin Yount collection, this was another eBay purchase that also was not too expensive -- $1.50 including shipping.  It's a pretty common oddball item, to be fair, but I didn't have it and now I do.  Here it is:


3.  A 2014 Red Rain shiny Jean Segura parallel and a gold Carlos Gomez parallel:



These beauties were the ones I was most excited about because they came in a trade I made with ARPSmith from ARPSmith's Sportscard Obsession.  A week and a half ago, he blogged about liking the mini-1989 die cut insert series that accompanies 2014 Topps this year and about how he liked the set enough to try to put it together.  Seeing as I had one I was willing to part with -- a Justin Verlander -- I left a comment saying to e-mail me to work something out.  

When he e-mailed me, he suggested that he send me these two excellent Brewers cards in trade for the Verlander.  I agreed quickly, and we did the trade.  Thanks, ARPSmith!  

Now, who wants next?  

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got the cards and happy to be your first (of probably many) blogger trades!

    ReplyDelete