Sunday, October 12, 2014

Another Cracked Bat

About two months ago, I first opened up lines of communication, so to speak, with Julie over at A Cracked Bat.  She's traded with a few bloggers already, and she does a great job of hitting the needs that people have.  More importantly, she's not afraid to send a couple of cards at once in hopes of hitting a few needs.  

In fact, that's what she said that she was trying to do:


You may have noticed that I have been pretty silent in the past couple of weeks. Or, on the other hand, you haven't noticed at all because I've been silent.

In any event, I've been silent because I've finished up my organization and cataloguing of my player collections. On the downside, I may be quieter this coming week because I will be in Chicago most of the week for work.

Anyway, with completing that cataloguing process, I am able to point all of y'all who really want to send me cards that you need to click on that Player Collections tab above to get you to the pages with each of my player collections.

For example, this awesome 2001 Bowman Reprint #21 of Eddie Mathews has been added to the Eddie Mathews collection page:


Julie was also kind enough to send me a Topps Triple Threads Emerald of Ryan Braun serial numbered to just 250.

Greg Vaughn is a secondary collection for me. As is the case for most of the 1990s, I need a fair number of Greg Vaughn cards that I bet a lot of you guys and gals might have. Take a look and see if you do.  I mean, Julie didn't know I needed these two, but she knew I needed a lot of 1990s cards...


Dave Nilsson is a player that I did not appreciate properly when he played here. At that time, I was more concerned either with law school or with fantasy baseball, or both. But, hey, check out that link and see a photo of the Opera House in Sydney that I took when I traveled to Australia in 2009.


Jose Valentin seemed like a bit of an add-on to me at first, but then I found out that he was named to the 1990s All-Decades team by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. So, I am very happy that Julie sent me this Pinnacle card of Valentin.



Geoff Jenkins is one of the last collections that I got collated and organized. I did it today, in fact, while basking in the afterglow of whatever that 34-0 game was that Georgia played against Missouri yesterday.  Julie sent me this Topps Total card that I needed for my team collection.


I need a lot of Jeff Cirillo cards. I have just 37 of them, and 23 of those are from either 1998 or 1999. Julie hooked me up with just my third card of Cirillo from 1995.


Julie also sent me the cards you see below. Of them, I guarantee that none of them other than possibly Jimmy Nelson -- with his stylish purple refractor -- will ever be player collections for me. Nelson has a chance if he can show a bit of staying power and also be a better pitcher in the next couple of years. I mean, if he wins 20 next year, I'm all in.  And if that happens, I'll be even more grateful for the purple Nelson.




Thank you once again, Julie, for all the great cards. I've been awful in the past month about completing my packages that I start. That will change in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Kudos to Pinnacle for their photo selection on that Jose Valentin card. The photographer had perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie sent me a cool package too. Always awesome to receive Triple Threads cards.

    ReplyDelete