Sunday, May 4, 2014

Trade with The Home Run Apple

For those of you who have read this blog for a month or so, you'll know that I bought a box of the Topps Museum Collection with its four packs inside and was slightly underwhelmed.  Okay, really underwhelmed. I did get a case hit, though -- a /10 redemption for a Museum Collection Auto Silver Frame of Allen Craig. I tried to sell it on eBay with an opening bid of $70 -- thinking that it looked good next to the other redemption for the same item on which the seller was asking $100.



During the time that the auction was listed, Keith G. from The Home Run Apple -- a Mets collector in West Virginia -- reached out to me and said that he'd be interested in the redemption if the auction cratered.

The auction cratered, and, to be honest, I'm quite glad it did.  Keith sent me a little money by PayPal (which, of course, I've spent on more Brewers Team Sets....surprise!) and some great cards by mail.  Without further ado, here's what Keith shipped southward.

Let's sweat the small stuff:




 

Let's start with what I've decided is my favorite of the throwback sets, Allen & Ginter.  This trifecta of minis from the 2009 set -- with then-Brewers Prince Fielder and "Back in Black not Hell's Bells" Trevor Hoffman setting up shop next to current Brewer and then-Ray Matt Garza.  I think that is pre-tattoo Garza.

So, I collect Robin Yount? Keith has that covered too.





To go along with the mini-theme, Keith sent a Robin Yount Gypsy Queen Mini, which was nice.  But, it wasn't the next addition, which is the Yount Gypsy Queen Bat Relic.  And, adding to the fun is the Canvas Collection reproduction from this year's Museum Collection.  All three are great additions to the Yount/Brewer collection.

Could it get Better?  Oh yeah, definitely.  Keith didn't limit himself to minis or Younts -- he went the next step with autographs and relics too.


Mike Fiers 2013 Gypsy Queen.  I hope he keeps pitching well at AAA and helps the big club this year.


Whoa, that's a really cool Aramis Ramirez relic from the 2014 Museum Collection serial numbered 65/75. That's what I was hoping for when I got the box I bought.  I know, that's a lot to ask, but that's what I wanted....wait, there's more?

Another quad relic of a Brewer?  And this one is a guy who is a player collection of mine?  Serial numbered 18 of 75?  Excellent!  That's a great trade for that Cardinal redemp...what?  No way!


An autographed relic of a guy whose cards I've been loading up on ever since I got back into collecting because, apparently, I have some kind of shortstop and catcher fetish?  Really?  Segura serial numbered 134/299 is just plain cool.

Keith, you definitely exceeded my expectations -- thanks for the trade, and hopefully we can work out another trade in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment