Friday, June 13, 2014

I'm Still Here

I've been short on posts here this week -- well, at least posts that are more typical for a baseball card blog. This week, I have been trying to get much more done in terms of getting organized as this weekend -- indeed, tomorrow -- is the big three-day card show here in the Atlanta area.

So, in honor of that, I'm just posting police card autographs for a couple of reasons.  First, they are cool. Second, they give me the chance to post a song from The Clash, a live version of "Police on My Back":


Now, on to the cards.  Let's start with a 1983 card from the first time I owned a Sharpie.  You can tell it's my first time with a Sharpie because Jim Gantner got to sign his name next to my age-11 fingerprint:


Then, we get three autographs from the 1986 set.  First, we get a Rick Cerone cameo appearance:

Next, a star from the 1982 team -- Ben Oglivie -- in his final big-league season:
And, finally, a guy who was my absolute favorite young player on the 1986 team for his fun-loving attitude and good pitching too.  In his rookie year, this is none other than MLB Network's own Dan Plesac:


Hopefully tomorrow I will have some fun purchases to show off from the card show.  If not, well, I have some cards I have gotten in trade from some fellow bloggers that I can also talk about.

But for now, back to the sorting/organizing.  And then, I'll be writing down some lists of cards to look for tomorrow both for myself and for some fellow bloggers.  If there is something you are looking for, let me know and I'll take a look tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Great autos! I found a few of those Brewers Police cards in a dime box earlier this year, but I think the ones I found were from 1990.

    P.S. -- "Police on My Back" is probably in my Top 5 Clash songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny thing to me is I think that 1990 is the one year I am entirely lacking in my collection from 1982 through 1995!

      Delete