Friday, December 5, 2014

Starting Nine Turns PWE into Manila Envelope

It's getting to be the time of year when Jacob Marley characters appear on stage nationwide and worldwide in theatrical presentations of Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol. As a kid, our school made it a yearly tradition to take one of the school grades -- I think it was 6th graders -- to Downtown Milwaukee to the Pabst Theater to see the Milwaukee Repertory Theater's adaptation of A Christmas Carol. Watching that morality play unfold on stage was a true pleasure.

These days, I equate Jacob Marley -- or, rather, jacobmrley -- with the excellent Starting Nine. blog. We have exchanged envelopes a couple of times, and Max always sends me far more card and items than he ever asks for in return. 

For this trade, he asked for a couple of Goodwin Champions cards that I got a recent card show. In return, he said he'd send me some Carter items that I might be able to use.

He was right -- I can use this Dunkin Donuts disc from 2006 celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the New York Mets winning the World Series.




He didn't need to do it, but he added a few more cards that I needed as well either for team sets or for player collections:








The Ben Sheets Donruss The Rookies card and the Paul Molitor Memorable Moments cards both go into the respective player collections, while these other cards all go into my team collection.

Some day -- hopefully soon -- I will get a complete list of what I have and what I need put together. That day isn't here yet. But hopefully soon it will be.

In the meantime, many thanks go to New Jersey and to jacobmrley.  

You won't hear a "Bah Humbug" coming from me!

1 comment: