Sunday, August 2, 2015

Fancy Folks Have the National; Atlanta Folks Have the North Fulton Show

Yes, that's right. We Georgia collectors don't need no steenking National.  We have the North Atlanta Sports Collectibles Show. Indeed, for the first time ever, I ran into the dynamic duo behind the Trading Card Preservation Society Podcast -- Matt F. from Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius and Dave the Cardboard Junkie.

I bought my usual week's worth of posts in cards there, and I also bought some oddball trade bait.  But I feel bad about one of them.


I feel bad because I grabbed this Broder out of a 15-for-$1 box.  Then, as I was listening to some old episodes of the TCPS Podcast, I heard Dave mention this card specifically as one he wants. If Dave had gotten to that 15 for $1 box before me, this card would be with him.  So, Dave, if you're reading and want this, shoot me an e-mail and let me know.

Here's the other few bits of random trade bait. Holler if you want something.






It's not much, I realize. I should have grabbed more than I did.

Sort of like this post isn't much, either. More later this week.

8 comments:

  1. These cards are awesome if noone else claims the Ozzie I'd interested. I swear I'll be up there eventually when is the monthly show?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are two options on the north side -- 1st Sunday of the month in Roswell, 2nd Sunday of the month near the 285/75 split. I usually go on the first Sunday because it's closer to me.

      Delete
    2. And, consider the Ozzie yours. I owe you a return envelope anyway, so this will be a good start.

      Delete
  2. One of these years you and I are going to hit a card show. I keep thinking that my travels will take me through Atlanta, but it has been several years since I've been. Guess I'm not flying Delta enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you on going to a card show together. I think we should look at the ones in North Carolina over a Georgia one -- they are larger (over two days) and have much more variety in vendors and available cards than the ones here do.

      Delete
    2. I hear the Raleigh show is really good in particular...

      Delete
  3. I'd love for that Sadaharu Oh to end up on my stack, if you have one building for me !

    ReplyDelete