Monday, September 29, 2014

A second eBay win

And, to be fair, it's not much different than my last win. A couple of weeks ago, I paid -- probably too much -- for a Carlos Gomez 5x7 card that Topps had/gave away at the Fan Fest at the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minneapolis this summer.

I think the cards were made only for the guys who were voted in as starters and/or started in the game. At that point in the season, Milwaukee looked like more than a .500 team -- which is what they are, it seems -- so three of their players made the starting lineup: Gomez, Aramis Ramirez, and Jonathan Lucroy.

I collect Gomez and Lucroy as PCs, so of course I had to go after a Lucroy. I paid about $4 less overall for Lucroy than I did for the Gomez, so that made me happy.

Here it is in all its glory:


When I wrote about the Gomez version, I asked you whether you had bought anything directly from Topps of this nature.  Well, I broke down and bought a couple of items...and they should get here in the next couple of days.  I'll be sure to share when I get them.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Topps ran a special a while back on the entire set, so I pulled the trigger. Haven't even taken them out of the package yet. Still trying to decide how I'm going to display them. I think they have a cool look.

    Lucroy is by far my favorite Brewer. What a great deal for the Brewers when they signed him long term. Great defender, pitch framer and the bat gets better every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucroy is my favorite current Brewer, definitely. I mean, he's a catcher (to which I'm partial), he's an excellent hitter, he's great behind the plate, and he's pretty unassuming off the field.

      It's like he's the Anti-Braun. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Must stay away from these things... I have to resist the urge to go chasing the national convention special Ginters!!! You still wanting those rips??

    ReplyDelete